1.26.2009

Hope.

We've heard alot of talk about hope this last year. We were told to hope for change, hope for the best, hope that tommorow will be better. But lets face it. Sometimes we don't really "hope"

Many times we treat hope just like wish. I wish things would change, I wish things were better. They sound kind of the same.

Here's how dictionary.com defines hope: v. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.

As followers of Jesus we have much to hope for. This is way more than a wish. We should have hope that He:
  • will return
  • rescue us from our sins
  • provide for us
  • guide us
  • comfort us
  • prepare a place in His Kingdom for us
  • call us to great things
  • restore us to Himself

But what makes me do this job more and more is the knowledge that here in our valley there are literally thousands of people who will go to sleep tonight without that hope! That messes with me. The closer I get to Jesus (and I've got a long way to go) the more I hope to have the chance to shout hope to all of them. That's why we do what we do on Sunday. WE shout hope, the hope that only Jesus can bring. I want to shout it louder and to more people than ever.

So my question to you is this. Does it bother you that there are people in our community without hope? Does it bother you that there are people in your life without hope? It bothers me and I am trying to do what I can to let them know that there is hope! Wanna Play?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great insight Aaron. I think we all need to just let go sometimes. There are times when I hope, but, like you pointed out, it's really just a wish. But, when I really do hope, people see it, and then the questions start coming.

Here's hoping you will have hope with me.