4.20.2009

Something New

Hey all, so I have an idea for something new for us. I know that there are several of us here at FBC who take photos, I also know that there are several who take really good photos! 

I've been trying for a while to come up with a way to access and outlet all of the creative photogs that are running around this place, then Carlos started something at his church in Atlanta and I thought, "Maybe we could try it here."

So here's the scoop. Let's call this the official start of the discussion about the Pocatello Photography Project.

Sketchy details...

  • Open to anybody
  • We would have a different project three or four times a year (relationships, power, moments, etc.)
  • We would take photos that center around the project theme
  • Photos would then be submitted and chosen for display and other creative uses
  • We would build community together by meeting at the beginning of each project

It's just the start of the idea. 

What do you think?

I've already been approached by one local artist (who goes to church @ FBC) about using his work in our worship services.

The creative opportunities are nearly endless.

This is something we are going to do... but I want your input as we start.

Let me know what you think and if you want to be involved.

1 comment:

Bill McCready said...

Dude,

Love this idea. I can only think of 50 different ways this could turn into great ministry. Hope people will jump on board with you, I think this could honor God and share gifts in a super cool way.