6.01.2010

Your (and my) Questions Answered.

I'm back from a little bit of vacation and have some new ideas!

Here's the scoop. We're going to spend a little while on the site talking only about worship. Music, technical, heart, attitude, execution... whatever. But to kick it off I want to hear from you. What are your questions about worship? It can be about here at FBC, at your church, anything.

I can't promise any definite answers or to be the ultimate authority on any of this. I plan on drawing on a bunch of resources and people who are smarter than me to answer the questions.

I have few topics in my head already... things like: volume, solos, style, approach, cheerleading/ushering, and a couple more.

But I would like to hear from you. If you have a question you want answered drop me a note here or in the comments and over the next couple of weeks I'll answer them!

Let's see what happens and what we can learn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you do if some(like only 3GRRRR!) people think its to loud.

Janaye said...

Give those 3 ear plugs! LOL In all seriousness - as a sound tech myself I would explain that we mix to make the music and/or speaker sound the best to glorify our savior. To me it's like being a band leader making all of the instruments balance and blend to make music so one thing isn't obnoxiously loud or squealing. If that's not a good enough explanation, we have a decible meter, I tell them the sound levels are within a healthy range - less than if they went to a loud basketball game or a concert. If they don't mind the loudness at those venues then maybe it's a heart issue and they should pray about it. There is nothing wrong with being loud for Jesus if it's not an annoying (poorly mixed) sound. The Bible says to SHOUT for joy! Pretty sure that doesn't mean being quiet:)

Anonymous said...

thanks Janaye!

Anonymous said...

we are thinking about opening a eletric/lead guitar spot on our praise teem. do you guys have one and how do we mix one

Aaron said...

Some good stuff here. Working on a post about volume right now.

Yeah, we do use electric guitar. The mix is done the same as everything else. Fit it within the group and to suit the song.

Hopefully the volume post will be up by Monday.