7.04.2009

4th of July Parade

Wow. Parade done. It's always a physically draining morning for me. We meet at the church at 6 a.m. to start setting up, hang out until the parade starts, play like crazy for 45 min, break a little, play 15 more minutes and then back to the church to tear down and in this case set back up for weekend services tomorrow!

I get tired after all of that. But you who aren't on the truck have the bigger job.

My job is highly visible, lots of people see me. But at this event you guys, who are in the park and on the street, make the biggest impact.

I can't talk to people. I don't get the chance to shake a hand, give a popsicle, or share a hot dog.

But you do. You're the front lines of the ministry.

And I want to thank you for it!

Thanks!

I also want to hear your stories. I get a few pieces here and there, but I know that there are a bunch more out there. So share! Post here in the comments, send me an email (aaron@fbcpoky.com) catch me on twitter (@floyaaro) grab me in the hall. Whatever.

But make sure you share your stories somehow.

I look forward to hearing them and seeing you tomorrow!

No comments: