7.07.2008

Mark Beeson messes with my head.

So I've been watch Mark speak here. He said a lot of good things but I wanted to talk about one thing that he said in particular. He said the he has never had a desire for people to accept Jesus into their lives. Now before you freak out let me tell you what he said next. He said that his desire was for people to give their lives to Jesus! Do you see the difference? If we accept Jesus into OUR lives it really is still about us. We can pull Jesus out of our pocket when we need him and we can put him back when he starts getting in the way. It's still our life. We get to run the show. But, if we have given our lives to Jesus then it isn't about us anymore. We aren't in charge anymore. We have GIVEN ourselves TO Jesus. Now what messed with me is that I have to ask myself if I have really given my life to Jesus. I know that I accepted him into my life, but have I ever given myself to him? We should all ask this question. I hope that you will take some time this week to ask this question and let Jesus show you the answer. I know that I am going to have to work harder to give myself to him.

No comments: